- 1/3 cup Decadent Chocolate Chai Matcha Mix
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Sugar raw or org
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- Icing sugar as needed
- 1 cup Butter or Organic Shortening
- 3 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon or Matcha Latte Mix of choice
- Preheat your oven to 350F/ 175C. Place cupcake paper liners into your muffin/cupcake tray, set tray aside
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine milk, sugar, vanilla, Matcha mix, Oil, Egg and Baking Powder
- Whisk well to combine and dissolve sugar.
- Scale flour, add to wet ingredients, stir well and briefly to a smooth batter – do not over mix.
- Allow batter to rest/hydrate for 5minutes.
- Using a small scoop (or spoon) fill each Cupcake liner with batter approx. ¾ full.
- Push cupcakes into the oven at 350F/175C using center rack, bake for approx. 15minutes
- Remove cupcakes tray from oven using oven mitts, transfer onto cooling tray.
- Meanwhile the cupcakes are baking, whisk butter/shortening on high speed using a whisk attachment.
- Scale combine and sift icing sugar, cinnamon ( or chai blend or Matcha ).
- On Slow speed, add icing sugar in three stages. Once, all sugar is in, run frosting on high speed for 30 seconds. Transfer to a piping bag with your favourite piping-tip
- Decorate each cupcake with frosting, sprinkle on a little Chai Matcha Powder.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of Tea-Squared Premium Tea or New Matcha Tea Latte!
You will need:
A mixing bowl, a whisk, cupcake mold & paper liners, cooling rack, small scoop, piping bag, star tip or similar, rubber spatula
Share this Recipe