- 1/4 Cup Ginger Matcha Latte Blend
- 3 large Eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Loaf white bread approx. 350g diced / 5 cups
- 1/4 Cup butter diced, unsalted
- 1/4 Cup Goji
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- Icing sugar as needed
- 1/2 Cup Apricots, diced
- 1 tbsp Vanilla (optional)
- Thinking ahead – purchase a loaf of Italian, Challah or Brioche Bread. Cut to 2inch cubes, allow to get stale. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beaten, eggs, sugar, ¾ of the milk and vanilla.
- In a small saucepan combine remaining milk and ginger Matcha blend. Gently warm to 60C/140C ( or warm in a microwave proof dish using small bursts)
- Combine ginger Matcha milk with other wet ingredients.
- Add diced, stale bread, diced butter, goji berries and diced apricots. Toss well, allow bread to absorb liquids
- Transfer bread mixture to an lightly buttered deep oven proof dish (like a Pyrex deep dish pie or a brownie pan works great)
- Lightly press down bread pudding to get an even surface, sprinkle with soft brown sugar
- Push pudding onto center rack of preheated oven
- Bake for 45-50min (pro tip – insert a probe thermometer into the center of the pudding, internal temperature must reach at least 75C/170F)
- Remove pudding from oven, allow to cool/settle for 15min before portioning (and enjoying a fresh baked –warm pudding!) Serve pudding with fresh whipped cream, gelato or both!
- Enjoy with a hot cup of Tea-Squared Premium Tea or New Matcha Tea Latte!
You will need:
An oven proof baking dish 9x9 or similar, mixing bowl and a whisk, small sauce pan
Share this Recipe