- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Kyoto Matcha Mix
- 3/5 cup Milk, warmed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Instant Yeast
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 tbsp Decadent Chocolate
- 4 tbsp Organic agave syrup
- 1.25 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp Butter unsalted
- 1.5 tbsp Cornstarch
- Scale and combine all ingredients for the custard into a small sauce pan. Bring to ONE boil while whisking constantly. Transfer to a small dish, wrap with plastic film, cool off in refrigerator.
Soft Asian Bun:
- Scale and combine all ingredients into a stand mixer bowl. Beat to a smooth dough using dough hook attachment, approx. 10 min.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Cover dough with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rest for 30min.
- Divide dough to 65g piece. Roll each piece into a nice round ball. Again cover with clean kitchen towel to rest for 15min.
- Roll each dough ball to a ½ thick disc. Top each disc with a small scoop of chilled Decadent Chocolate Custard (and a pitted Cherry, Maple Whiskey Goji Berries or….)
- Moisten edges of dough with a little water. Fold dough to buns by pulling and pinching dough edges together, folding towards the top. Gently press to seal.
- Set Buns in to steamer lined with parchment paper, steam for 8-10min.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of Tea-Squared Premium Tea or New Matcha Tea Latte!
You will need:
A large pot for boiling water, a steamer basket, mixer with hook
Fresh or Frozen pitted Cherries
Share this Recipe